What is this Syrian Civil war?
Unfortunately this civil war conflict had started even before Aylan was born, in March 2011.
Syrian Crisis may look like a civil war going on in a single country. First it started that way like anti Government demonstrations as a part of Arab Spring; but when you dive into the details of this war, then you will find Syria has became a battle ground for many countries and religious group for different purposes.
- List of armed groups in the Syrian Civil War
– Ba’athist Syria and allies (Syrian government forces, Russia, Iran, Lebanese Hezbollah)
– Syrian Opposition (Sunni Islamism)
– Kurdish self-administration and allies ( supported by Iraqi Kurdishtan)
– Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and allies (ISIL)
- other Foreign involvement in the Syrian Civil War
– On September 22, 2014, the United States, UAE and some other countries started to target ISIL inside Syria
Syria has this internal conflict ground since last 4 years. Although it is far more complicated than it looks at first sight; this video gives proper important info within short time. It doesn’t give updated information (upload date: Apr 30, 2014); but it will give you proper idea, then watch next video that will give you updated info about current status of the armed forces.
Understanding the Syrian crisis in 5 minutes
It has already killed more than 2.2 lac people, displaced more than 7.6 million people from their homes and 4 million shifted themselves to neighbor countries as refugees.
You can check UN Refugee agency website for details and data.
“Total economic loss since the start of the conflict until the end of 2014 is estimated at USD 202.6 billion, which is equivalent to almost four times the GDP of 2010.”
– Syrian Center for Policy Research
Which countries are they fleeing to?
Where can you help?
We wake up in the morning with a hope to do our daily work and contribute ourselves to make our world and humanity a better place. One person few days back told me, “it’s enough that I am not hurting someone or killing someone. This is not the destruction that I have done.” It’s good that a person is not doing a bad thing. But is it really enough, to become a spectator of this sabotage? When someone will be shooting me or forcing me out of my country or killing my relatives or destroying my country… Will i want to hear these words from other people ?
If this has been helpful, Like Your2ndHeart on Fb