What is the eLibrary?
The eLibrary is the virtual library of the Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan in India. This service allows you to borrow digital media, such as ebooks, audio and video files, electronic newspapers and magazines, for a predetermined period of time. Simply download it on your computer, your tablet or your eReader or even use it through an app in your smartphone.
With our eLibrary borrowing media is at your fingertips 24/7.
Returning media isn’t necessary. At the end of the loan period, the media automatically becomes unavailable.
The following media can be downloaded:
- German newspapers and magazines, e.g. Süddeutsche Zeitung,Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, Psychologie heute, Deutsch perfekt, auto, motor und sport
- Books for learning German, e.g. grammar exercises or Easy Readers
- Contemporary & crime fiction, also available as audio books
- Classic German language literature
- Children’s and youth literature
- Travel guides, non-fiction on history, culture and society of Germany
- Movies for children, feature films and documentaries
To get an overview of the items on offer, please visit: LIBRARY
Who can use the eLibrary?
Anyone interested who lives in India can register for the eLibrary.
From the moment you first enter the registration code, you will have access to the eLibrary service for one year free of charge.
After one year, this access automatically expires. If you wish to continue using the eLibrary service, you will need to fill in another registration form. You will then obtain a new registration code to renew your access to the eLibrary.
(THIS INFORMATION POST IS COPIED FROM INDIA GOETHE INSTITUTE WEBSITE.
IF YOU ARE NOT FROM INDIA, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR NEAREST GOETHE INSTITUTE OR LOOK AT THEIR OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION.)
Other free open libraries for German reading
If this has been helpful, Like Your2ndHeart on Fb